Monday, March 2, 2009

What I'm Learning

This has been a tough year...well, actually the time I was in Oregon was great and I learned a lot about myself. I came back to Seattle because I felt that it was "home" because I wanted to be able to do work that was meaningful. That's not working out so well. I've made a new friend, Myles, who I will love forever. I've not been able to find stable housing or a stable job. I get to see my kids more, have Jakobi sleep over - those are good things. What I'm learning during this time is this: the people who love me do so all the time and in tangible ways. I was "chatting" with Nancy, stressing about how does one get a job if one's phone is turned off and she and Nora paid the bill! Even though I said I didn't know when I'd have the money to pay back...still they love me all the time. I'm learning to live each day making a list that leads to the end goals. I made a list of goals for the next three years, put them on a 3x5 card and each day write a to do list that includes something that will lead me closer to accomplishing those goals.
Did I make the right decision in coming back to Seattle? I wouldn't know Myles if I hadn't, I wouldn't be learning the things I'm learning. I guess there's no reason to second guess. I'm here. I have to live with what is and not worry about what comes next or what came before.

No comments: