Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What's On My Mind Tonight

I'm attending a conference that has to do with my graduate studies and is focused on adult learning, experential learning. These are the highlights that are rummaging around in my head: We need to provide adults with experiences that allow human beings to become more human. To expose those parts of us that have been ridiculed, dismissed and not honored. Someone said today "corrective emotional experience." Those times when it's okay to screw up, it's okay to expose your naked underbelly and have someone there who is not daunted by your crimes, your past, your present neurosis and allows you to hold all of your humanity.
I got this definition of mindfulness today: paying attention, on purpose, to the present moment without judgement of the experience. I pray, with sincerity, that I can practice more mindfulness in every moment of my life. To create moments where I can become more human and allow others the space and safety to be more human with me.
I questiion, how do I end this war with myself? How do I end the chaos of choosing to be intellectual and neglecting the spiritual? Last night I listened to Khalil Osiris (Google him) speak. His words, his thoughts, his presence have been with me all day today. This intellectual, educated human balancing that with a spirit that exudes relationship. And today I was continually put in the path of people who practice spirituality in their lives. I understand the universe is leading me to balance, I hope I'm courageous enough to begin exploring those parts of myself that need unearthing. I hope that I can provide myself the same level of compassion and forgiveness that I provide others. In doing so, as I become more comfortable with me, it is my passion and purpose to share that with you so that together we can create a community of people at home with our human-ness.

No comments: