Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tangible

1 a: capable of being perceived especially by the sense of touch : palpable b: substantially real : material
2: capable of being precisely identified or realized by the mind


That's the Webster definition of tangible and exactly what I meant by my use of the word. I rarely use words I don't mean to use. Yesterday when I wrote about love being tangible, I got some feedback about tangible meaning monetary...which isn't what I meant. Of course, I'm not above being a kept woman and would entertain the idea....
Seriously, love is touch, feel, smell..it appeals to your senses. It's not some intangible, inactive "feeling." It's telling me the truth even when I don't want to hear it (Myles and Cooper are great at this). It's my kids and I pooling together groceries out of everyone's fridge and making an awesome Mexcian dinner. It's me and the Taylors sitting in the garden drinking wine (can't say enough how much I love that). Love is not some floaty feeling, it's a commitment and it's action.
Back to the kept woman thing, really. If I was kept, I would spend my time volunteering. I would read amazing books. Clean house like I want to clean house. I'd bake cookies. I'd drink wine in the garden. I'd take photos. I wouldn't have anymore kids, but I'd have Jakobi over more.

No comments: