Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I Did It Again

I learn, or at least, hear great lessons and then don't actually incorporate them into my life. I know, for sure, that I need to slow down, gather more information, see bigger pictures. Instead, I take a small piece of information and extrapolate what I think I know and respond to what I think I know instead of what I actually know. And, then someone, in this case Khalil, has to put back in my place and point out that I behaved ways that don't lead me to the outcomes I desire. I learned a valuable lesson today, about love...even our enemies. "Our struggle is defined by what we are for, not what we are against." I am humbled and honored to be confronted in such a gentle manner even when I'm acting on presumptions and going where I don't want to go.
I don't have much to offer the world...except for me. I want that me to be the most authentic version of me possible. I want who I am, what I stand for, to come through each encounter. When I act like I did today, that doesn't happen.

No comments: