Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Best Sentence I've Read In A Long Time

"not sure what'll happen- i'm just taking baby steps along the lines of my passions.." - Paul Kelly

My friend and I were chatting via Facebook and when talking about his future, this was his response. I got so excited...I love people who express my thoughts with amazing words. I have no idea where life is leading me right now. I'm a woman without a plan, which is how I usually operate. It's like body surfing. Riding the waves with nothing underneath you, at the mercy of where the wave take you. I learned to body surf from my older sister's boyfriend when I was about 12 years old. We were at Huntington Beach, way out in the water and Allen said, "Just ride. Don't panic and you'll have a blast." I'm treading water, becoming exhausted and then all of a sudden a wave comes, Allen yells "Paddle" and I do. I think I weighed about 80 pounds then and the wave was awesome. I rode the top for a while but when it crashed, so did I. Deep, dark and no air whatsoever. I started to panic then remembered, "Just ride. Don't panic." Once I loosened up, I came back to the surface, gulped air, staggered to the beach where Allen picked me up and threw me around like a rag doll. After catching my breath, Allen and I swam back out to unknown depths waiting for the next wave to carry us back in.
I remember the terror, the thrill, the adrenaline. It seems that body surfing defines my life. No plan, no idea where the wave the will carry me or how dark and deep I'll go prior to gulping air and re-gaining my footing.
I don't have a plan, but I have passion. I'm dedicated to social justice, equality for all humanity and fully dedicated to education and relationship as the tools for transformation. "Baby steps along the lines my passion" not knowing where the line ends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The Best Parts of a Sentence Read in A long Time" "dedicated to equality for all humanity - & fully dedicated to relationship as t/ tools for transformation" - I know you to go the distance - I ultimately adore your sauciness - I became overwhelmed by your tenacity - I genuinely apologize for my intensities towards you - I ask for your forgiveness

Anonymous said...

"The Best Parts of a Sentence Read in A long Time" "dedicated to equality for all humanity - & fully dedicated to relationship as t/ tools for transformation" - I know you to go the distance - I ultimately adore your sauciness - I became overwhelmed by your tenacity - I genuinely apologize for my intensities towards you - I ask for your forgiveness