Monday, February 23, 2009

I Know Who I Am

Some of you who read this may think you know me, others for sure don't know me but have some sort of internet curiosity. Those who do know me, think they know me so well - others just want to know parts of me. Here's what I'm willing to share about what I know about me:
I'm super funny because I'm super smart. Wit implies the ability to think fast and respond in ways people don't expect.
I care WAY too much about other people. I worry about things that I have no control over.
Sex is a great stress reliever. Sex is about my body, love is about my mind and heart making a commitment to somebody. I love my kids, I love my friends, I love the homeless, mentally ill people I work with. I don't have sex with any of those people - sex and love have little or nothing to do with each other. Sex comes and goes, love lasts even when the times are hard. (No pun intended but that is funny.)
Lines are for crossing. They are put there by society in order to let you know when you've gone too far by their standards. My standards are mine. You can't see my lines because I change them all the time. They're adjustable.
I am not patient. If you want to see me, that means see me - don't say you're going to and then make me wait. I bore easily and if you can't keep me interested, I'll move on to the next item/person/topic that captures my interest.
I come off as a bad ass, but in reality I'm the softest, kindest, most nurturing person you'll meet. I am a strong feminist who believes my strength as a female can be found in the gentleness of my touch, the meal I cook for you and the crease in your slacks as well as my ability to advocate for those who can't advocate for themselves, break up a fight or fight like a man when necessary.

Some things I'd like to do:
Become fluent in Spanish.
Teach college (which is becoming a reality very soon!)
Hike the Grand Canyon
Spend lots of time on the back seat of a motorcycle.
Write work that gets published.

Think you know me now? This is just the parts I'm willing to share.

No comments: