Monday, July 13, 2009

What Have I Become?

Someone just said to me "I've learned something about you. You have the ability to fall in love." What the hell have I become that this would be a surprise, or not just normal human capacity? Have I become so hardened by the life I've chosen, the walls I choose to live behind, have I so adopted this tarnished armor as my defense that it's become natural and not just a facade? Of course I can love, of course I want to love and be loved...don't we all? What I don't in conjunction is to be controlled, limited, put in a box, denied intelligence or hindered in growth. Does that mean I'll never find the romance love of the movies? I don't know. What I do know is that I want to sleep with someone, wake up in the morning and have coffee with someone, have a conversation that doesn't include fighting about my job, my chosen volunteer work or accusing me of something based on your insecure little mind.

So yes, I'm very capable of love...I'm unwilling to do is give up myself to have it.

No comments: