Sunday, July 12, 2009

I need...

...a glass of wine, human touch, someone to breathe next to while I sleep, someone to talk to about something besides homelessness, incarceration and drug addiction. Tell me about music, play me a song, pour me another glass of wine, walk with me in the rain, sit with me in the garden, hold me until I feel human once again. How is it that this week I heard stories of crack, covered for incompetent co-workers, listened as a young, incarcerated man told of his relationship demise, held a man who's heart was breaking over his son being slit ear to ear in a drug deal gone bad, swabbed a greasy deck, cooked for my family, prepared a sociology lesson for a group of incarcerated men...listened to YOU, held YOU, helped YOU, cooked for YOU and didn't do one damn thing to take care of ME. Really, just look at me and actually see ME. Not what I can do for you, not what you need from me, don't ask me to listen - help - fix - mend - clean - cook - or buy. Just sit with me and play me a song while I drink wine.

No comments: