Monday, July 20, 2009

I Can Love You....

and not lose me. I can be in love with you, and not out of touch with myself. I can feed you, nurture you, sex you, support you, clean for you and challenge your intelligence - without losing sight of my goals, my needs and my dreams. Or forgetting that my first priority is my children. Oh, you don't want to come second after five kids, a grandkid and some nieces? Oh well, then you're not the one for me. Because, you will always come after them. Will you be neglected? No. Will you be included? If you want to be.

Love is a choice. A choice to to be kind. To be considerate. To feed you when you're hungry. It's a choice for you to come sleep with me because you know I sleep better when you're here.

Don't ever be mistaken into thinking I need you. Don't think that I won't still require a ton of alone time, time alone with me, time alone with my kids and time alone with friends. Hear me when I say "I want to be alone". It means that - it doesn't mean "I don't want to be with you".

I am so ready for this...but it's nowhere to be found. There's not a man - or woman - strong enough to love like this. They want it to be like the movies, all sunshine and roses. They don't want me to be tired after hearing crazy stories at work. They want me to grow my hair, cut my hair, stay thick, lose weight, dress up, be modest, conform to some sort of agenda.

Here's what - I'd rather be alone.

No comments: