Sunday, March 23, 2008

Getting to know me....

I realized this weekend that even the people who I think know me best, don't. In a very strange and public venue, this is going to be my life story. My rants, my raves, my desires and my dreams. I am a person full of ambiguity and dichotomy. I appreciate that but realize that it makes life difficult for those around me. I have a hard time staying still, settling in and committing to anything. Not sure why because I had a family that only moved once in my lifetime. I lived in one home until I was 9, we moved and my parents lived in that house 'til I was 30 or so. So where did this need to keep moving, as Ryan pointed out - running, come from? And am I running to something or from something? The answer to that remains hidden. Daniel says I'm not such a good communicator - what I realize is I'm not a good communicator about the things that actually matter. Writing is easier for me than speaking. I get distracted, make gaps in coversation and never finish saying what I started out saying. This is a way to tell my story, as experienced by me. Your experience of my story may be different because it's my story as experienced by me. I welcome comments, contradictions and critique.

No comments: