Saturday, May 7, 2011

How Do You Know?

How do you know anything? In your gut...when you feel it, that's how you know it. You can ask as many people as you want to ask, get as many different opinions as there are people, but in the end, it's what YOU feel that determines what you know and do not know. In the academic world, they call it 'experiential learning'...you know things by doing them. In the spiritual realm, some folks would call it intuition. The truth is, I know what I know and you know what you know...it's just that most of the time we don't listen to ourselves. We trust those outside of our knowing and then we use the excuse "I didn't know." Really, the truth is...I didn't want to believe it. The truth doesn't waver. Knowledge changes, grows, enlightens us, expands our experiences, but the truth never wavers. The truth sets us free because we are no longer bound by doubt. I may not know much, but I know me. And, this is truth. I know that I am intelligent, funny, a servant, an incredible employee, a great mom, a decent friend. I know that no matter what happens in my life, I wake up with me and go to bed with me so I better learn to live with me throughout the day.

No comments: