Saturday, June 7, 2008

Days of Random Happenings That Fill One With Joy

I had an hour long talk with Stephie - who was once, offically, my step-daughter and is still a child in my heart. The conversation filled me with joy and I felt like a proud parent of this amazing, talking child who grew up to be an amazing, talking young woman.

And now, I'm listening to The Soloist on NPR. You can hear it here: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=89819987

An incredible story about a homeless musician..."through no fault of his own" became homeless. My, how I wish the world would approach homelessness with this fashion. He even talks about how hard it is to house people who have lived outdoors for so long, the fear, the change, the paranoia that comes. If only, we all could love freely those who cross our paths.

1 comment:

Step-Mama to 4 said...

Im so glad we got to talk, thanks for all your encouragement... I graduate in just 2 days!