Saturday, April 12, 2008

Unexpected Friends

Today I sent out a spontaneous e-mail to several friends in Seattle asking them to be crazy and get in their cars, drive to Oregon and BBQ with me. One of them did. Tim brought Mica and Kay, we BBQ'd, watched the sunset on the beach and had amazing conversation. I'd forgotten how much I missed talking to someone about encampment protocols, drugs, music (The Emotional Crisis Soundtrack - exactly the soundtrack most of our lives are lived to), I've missed sharing passion with someone about something that matters. I feel more rejuvenated tonight after sharing conversation with Tim than I have in weeks. http://apesmaslament.blogspot.com/ Tim's blog is full of juice, great topics, opportunity for feedback and much more meaningful than my diatribe. Tim wrote to me the other day "Life is too short to live like you don't give a shit." I do and I am. Thanks Tim - for the drive down, the spontaneity of your life, and for reminding me what matters.

No comments: